Friday, March 28, 2014

Still here

Yep, I'm still around. Still in Atlanta. Still not working. I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to update this blog more than once every five months. Surely I can find something to write about.

Actually, I do have a story from today. I got kind of lazy about logging in to our bank account (funny how the convenience of online banking sometimes becomes a chore). After closing our account back in Tennessee, I left the money in our checking account as we would be buying a new-to-us van (yep, did that two weeks ago). So for once, I wasn't worried about our balance. I finally logged in today and noticed that Fred had been to Arby's. At least I assumed it was Fred. I knew it wasn't me. Then I found a few low purchases at various gas stations. And at Walgreens and CVS. We haven't been to those stores in forever. The same with Kroger. I'm a Publix/Trader Joe's/Target loyalist. There were some Target purchases, but I haven't been to Target this week, and I never been to the store in Alpharetta. Or the one in Duluth. I've never even been to Alpharetta or Duluth. Somebody stole Fred's card details (the card is still in his wallet) and went on a shopping spree. For 10 days. I actually think it's kind of genius how they made relatively small purchases at stores pretty much everyone uses, probably in an attempt to conceal the theft. And they probably think we are incredibly dumb for not doing anything about it for 10 days, making over $600 in purchases.

Luckily, our credit union couldn't have been more helpful, and some of the money has been credited back to our account already. The customer service has been nothing but top notch since we joined late last year. I think it's time to write a letter to corporate.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Zoë! I am so sorry this happened to y'all! Rachel's identity was stolen by an overseas group (somewhere in Europe according to what the police said when they tracked down the IP address) in November of 2012 and it was an absolute nightmare! I hope you were able to recoup better than she did...her loss was in the thousands! Glad you checked when you did!!

    ReplyDelete