Monday, October 14, 2013

Just Peachy

I really don't want to give up this blog, but for some reason, I am struggling to find the energy to write new posts. I've been struggling a lot lately, but that's a post for another day.

So here we are, four months into our new adventure, and while things are not going according to plan (hello unemployment and van repairs), things are going well. Cyrus and Ruby like their new school. They have a lot of friends, including a few who live here in the same complex. The weather has been gorgeous, and we have discovered that while we might not have a backyard, the kids are perfectly happy to play outside on the stretch of grass behind our apartment. If I can just get them to keep an eye out for dog poop.

Violet and I have been keeping busy with playground visits, trips to the library, and running errands. I like getting to hang out with my little buddy. I have even managed a couple of mom dates with some new friends. I get to have a social life here.

Fred is still very happy at work, and keeping busy with new projects. I am still actively looking for work, applying for every library job that I can find. I even joined LinkedIn to try and start networking. I tell myself it's only been four months, and in the grand scheme of things, that's not too long to be looking for work. Something will turn up.

So yes, life is good. I like it here.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up your blog, Zoë! Every writer has writer's block from time to time. We love reading your life blogs as you see fit to share them with us. :)

    ReplyDelete